Board of Directors
President: Duncan E. Campbell
Susan Barwick Andrew Carter Leigh Johnston
Constance Everson James Heward Bill Molson
Howard G. Martin Judy Martin Kate Shingler
Anne Pertus Elizabeth Pusztai Timothy Wilson
Past Presidents: A. D. Webster (1981 to 1983)
John Wilson (1983 to 1988)
Paul Marchand (1988 to 2004)
Judy Martin (2004 to 2011)
The Weredale Foundation has owned and operated Camp Weredale since 1934 when it first opened as ‘a summer home away from home’ for the boys of Weredale House.
Despite the circumstances dictated by the COVID-19 pandemic and current trends, the camp continues today to offer exciting learning opportunities for girls and boys ages five to seventeen years old. Most of our campers have received social service support in some form.
Foundation Directors are engaged in a Strategic Planning process, expected to be completed within the next four months, with three main areas of focus: program activities and campership; financial stability and growth; organizational structures, practices and staffing.
Recent expanded fund raising efforts have resulted in attracting new donors and an excess of revenue over expenses for the past two years.
The Weredale Foundation and Camp Weredale are grateful to all new donors and for the long-term recurrent financial support they have been receiving from the Batshaw Foundation, the George Hogg Family Foundation and the Hylcan Foundation throughout the years.